Although construction is one of the most important facets of real estate development and redevelopment, this complex process is often not well understood by real estate professionals.
This intensive 2-day workshop will provide you with a strong foundation in all the essential elements of any construction project. You'll leave with a solid understanding of construction contracts, contract pricing, and considerations in hiring construction professionals. In addition, you'll learn the basics of building systems, delivery methods, construction sequencing, building materials, and types of construction.
This comprehensive workshop covers it all and includes an extensive appendix of construction-related documents. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to expand your knowledge of the construction process.
- Learn how the complex, multidisciplinary construction process works.
- Meet the wide range of players and find out who does what and when.
- See why construction requires masterful collaboration, coordination, and communication.
- Examine components by function and construction method.
- How to select and hire the right contractor.
- Learn how to manage the contractor once construction begins.
- How to price and put together the best construction contract to protect your interests
- Identify all the key players in the construction process
- What to expect in terms of who actually does the work
- How a general contractor buys out a job
October 04, 2012