Held over two sessions, this program will instruct attendees in the skills required to better display quantitative data using Microsoft Excel. It will focus on the tools provided in Excel, with specific emphasis placed on commonly used graphics for financial reporting and analysis and particular attention paid to real estate uses.
The first session will familiarize participants with Excel graphing tools, demonstrating line and bar charts, and will include axes formatting, data labels, secondary y-axis, and formatting of graphs. Session 2 will demonstrate the full range of the graphic options available in MS Excel. Advanced chart types, such as contour, bubble, and radar, will be covered and their relative strengths and weaknesses demonstrated.
The data used for the course will be real estate–specific. Participants will be provided with a data set for hands-on use in the second session. At the conclusion of the program, participants will understand how to graph data using multiple chart types and how to construct customized data labels. Attendees will receive a set a completed graphs and corresponding data at the conclusion of the program to facilitate ongoing review and understanding of the lessons.Program Highlights
- Building sophisticated charts to better convey quantitative data in a visual format
- Determining which graphic format is most appropriate for particular data and why
- Constructing charts using real estate specific–data
- Creating advanced chart types and customized graphs
- A set of completed graphs and data at the conclusion of the program
September 18, 2012