This introductory course is a four-part online workshop that guides students through the construction and manipulation of a basic multifamily investment pro forma. The program is geared toward individuals who have never completed a pro forma from scratch. Starting from a blank spreadsheet, students will receive step-by-step direction in the creation of this investment pro forma. At the conclusion of the last session, participants will have completed their own investment pro forma and will have gained a new appreciation for how valuation and investment decisions are made. Each session of the workshop is designed to build on the previous one, and each participant will have a completed pro-forma model at the conclusion. Participants are expected to use learned skills to independently build individual sections of the model. However, the completed stages will be distributed at the end of each session.
Students Will Learn
- How to identify the relevant project data required to begin crafting a pro forma;
- Basic to intermediate Excel skills needed to model an industry-accepted pro forma;
- Basic components of an investment pro forma:
- Pro-forma income cash flows
- How to construct an amortization table to accommodate three loan types: Constant Payment Mortgage (CPM), interest only (IO), and custom amortization and;
- How to property format a Pro Forma for an Investment Template.
April 02, 2014