Selecting and acquiring land for development is a highly
specialized endeavor due to the unique challenges presented by each site.
Identifying and acquiring the best possible site for a development is a
multi-faceted endeavor that includes extensive research and examination, due
diligence and risk assessment, land valuation, and negotiation. A firm
understanding of the several components of this process can be the crucial
first step in a successful development deal.
This new ULI webinar will introduce you to the tips,
techniques, and best practices in identifying and acquiring land for
development. You will be introduced to the members of the due diligence team
and what you can expect to pay for their services. The webinar will also
instruct you in the importance of determining the value of the land early in
the process and how to calculate that price based on your proposed project. You
will also learn tips for negotiating the best price and the essential
components of a land purchase agreement.
Program highlights include:
- Accommodating your development to the site
- Six steps to successful site selection and acquisition
- Considerations in urban and suburban site selection
- Calculating residual land value - what is the land worth
for your project?
- Understanding and managing the due diligence process
- Due diligence checklist
- "Bar napkin" facts and stats
- Tying up the property - letters of intent
- The components of the purchase agreement
- Tips for negotiating the best purchase price
- Case study
October 27, 2015 1:30 PM Eastern